cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling the directories for IP Communicator

rastetterj
Level 1
Level 1

I have outbound agents I would like to disable the directories button from their IP Communicator.  Does anyone know how to do this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

Using Bulk administration tool (to do it in one shot based on how many agents you have), you can configure a dummy address in Directory URL filed.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Ok :)

In this case, the following doc should help you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117556-config-disableaccess-00.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi.

Using Bulk administration tool (to do it in one shot based on how many agents you have), you can configure a dummy address in Directory URL filed.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

I apologize I should have been more specific.  I am trying to disable the placed calls directory.  For compliance reasons outbound agents should not be able to see the last number dialed to avoid violation of telemarketing guidelines.

Ok :)

In this case, the following doc should help you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117556-config-disableaccess-00.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

I tried working through the link provided earlier.  I have a couple of questions regarding the process below (taken from the link provided).

I need to delete and read the IP phone services first, disabling the enterprise subscription before moving to step 1 below?

My next question is if I do this will ALL of my phones lose their placed calls directory until I reassign the template created in step 1 below?

Thanks again for your help.

Method 1: Delete and Readd the IP Phone Services from the GUI without Enterprise Subscription Enabled

Complete these steps in order to perform a bulk update to all the phones that require directory access. 

1. Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Phone Template, and create a phone template.
  2. Subscribe the phone template to the IP Phone services.
  3. Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Update Phones > Query, and choose the phone that require directory access.
  4. On the next page, check the Assign IP Phone Services check box.
  5. Choose the template created.
  6. Submit the job.

I figured it out.  Thank you.