cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How analog POTS dial-peer sets calling party for calls arriving

j.a.m.e.s
Level 3
Level 3

Could anyone advise me please, would a POTS dial-peer which receives an incoming call leg use it's destination-pattern to set the calling party (ANI) for that call?

dial-peer voice 100 pots
 description Lift01
 destination-pattern +44123456789$ <-- Will the lift have this CallerLineID if it places calls
 huntstop
 port 0/1/0
exit

I'm asking this because I need to setup a VG-400 gateway in SIP trunking mode (I normally leave this to MGCP/ccm-config, so haven't touched POTS in some time). 

I could only find a vague reference to how IOS-XE handles this when a wildcard dial-pattern is matched.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On a VG you would set the calling name and number with these commands.

voice-port 0/1/0
station-id name Lift01
station-id number <number you want to present>
caller-id enable !not sure if this is required, from memory I don’t think we use it on our VGs normally, this is from an example on internet 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

No it would not use the destination pattern to set the ANI. The note you referenced is for a specific use case where there is no calling number.

Response Signature

On a VG you would set the calling name and number with these commands.

voice-port 0/1/0
station-id name Lift01
station-id number <number you want to present>
caller-id enable !not sure if this is required, from memory I don’t think we use it on our VGs normally, this is from an example on internet 

Response Signature

j.a.m.e.s
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you Roger, I will be testing this next week.

j.a.m.e.s
Level 3
Level 3

Just confirming that the station-id commands under voice-port are working in my tests.