Views
Helpful
Replies

Plantronics H261 vs 7941g Ip Phone issue

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Plantronics H261 headset to be use in our 7941g cisco phone. But it has a buzzing sound whenever we use it and everything is fine when the handset is use. Is the headset not compatible to 7941g phone?

anyone can help?

tnx,

robert

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

a. Try the headset that has this problem on multiple cisco phones. Does it work on other phones ? Or does it behave the same on all phones ?

b. Does trying a diff. H261 headset help ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

thanks for a fast reply.

a. it works perfectly on Nortel Phones. All of our H261N have the same behaviour on our 7941g phones (only model we have).-it has a buzzing sound only on one side.

b. actually our headset are all new and we don't have any...

thanks

Look at this link.

http://headsetinnovations.com/Plantronics/Plantronics-Headsets/Plantronics-Telephone-Headsets/Plantronics-Corded-Telephone-Headsets/Plantronics-M12-Vista-Corded-Telephone-Headset-Systems/Plantronics-H261N-SupraPlus-Binaural-Noise-Canceling-Headset-wi...

There definitely seem to be two versions of this headset one compatible with Nortel and other with Cisco.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

We've used the H261Ns on 7940's, 7960's and 7970's with no problem. We don't have any 41's, 61's or 71's though to try them on.

Thanks

I see now the problem, our headset is for Nortel, no wonder it works fine w/ Nortel!

Now I got another headset here, CN Netcom 2000, can anyone show me the link or tell me that its not compatible w/ 7941 ip phones?

thanks

Hi Robert,

If you look at the link the Sankar sent (nice one!) you will notice the only difference is in the type of cord that is used. If you order the (26716-01) for about US$12 you will be good to go :)

For Nortel phones;

Plantronics Polaris Direct Connect Quick Disconnect to Modular Plug 10-Foot Coiled Cable (27190-01)

For Cisco phones;

Plantronics Quick Disconnect to Modular Plug 10-Foot Coiled Cable (26716-01)

Hope this helps!

Rob