Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change the policy "does not expire" the PIN on CUC 8.6

Hello,

I was wondering if would be possible to change for multiple users the policy to "do not expire" the PIN for users with mailbox under Edit Password Settings (Voice Mail).

I tried looking on BAT in CUC, but I did not find a way to do that. Not sure if on ciscounitytools has something else easy to change this policy and apply for all users at once either. It might has something very basic that I'm missing...

Anyone out there can point me out on the right direction?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is interesting. You dont see this option?

Also, i was checking the auth rule, i dont see an option to change it in there.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

The "bulk edit" option under Users -> Find Users wont help? 

George, not sure if the "bulk edit" option under Users -> Find Users wouldn't help because I would create a CSV file and as far as I know the Bulk doesn't even have this option "doesn't expire" available in order to edit the CSV file and consequently upload using BAT. Thanks anyway.

I think I just found it...under system settings, authentication rules, Recommended Voice Mail Authentication Rule - there is an option "Never Expires". Once I checked that box, is it going to replicate for all users? or should I restart a specific service in order to take affect or just wait some time for database replication stuff...?

Thoughts?

Yes the authentication rule is another way of doing it.

For Bulk edit, you have to add the users that needs to be updated in the grid, select them, click on Bulk edit and then change the policy as you normally would. No CSV required.

ok I see your point, but I just checked this and there is no option for "never expire" or a combox that we can choose to do not expire either. So it looks like the only alternative would be through authentication rule. I just do not sure what's the impact once I change this parameter or if I need to do anything else in order to apply to all users. Any idea?

That is interesting. You dont see this option?

Also, i was checking the auth rule, i dont see an option to change it in there.

thanks George, you were right...

Here is the printscreen on the auth rule where you can also change this parameter..

Of course I am blind, thanks for the rating. Good luck!