Views
Helpful
Replies

Configurate QinQ for 7600 with 67xx Line Card

noc-hcm-vdc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am setting up my MAN network, I am planing to use QinQ, please advise me some case studies and template configaration. My network device have: 7600 with 67xx Line Card, and SW3560, 3750G, 3750ME,

Best regards,

Vo Minh Thuan

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Vo Minh,

the configuration is described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400e/software/release/12.2_44_ey/configuration/guide/swtunnel.html

what is important is to understand how it is used:

on customer side the port is configured as a L2 trunk

on service provider the port is configured as 802.1Q tunnel (other end of same link)

one or more customer vlans have to be associated with the customer for transport over the SP network

These vlans have to be different from native vlan vlan# or native vlan tagging has to be enabled on SP network switches.

the service is point to point to carry an etherchannel of two GE you need to use two different customer vlan ids

on the other site the same configuration is done with SP edge port configured as 802.1Q tunnel using the same customer vlan-id

additional configuration is needed to carry L2 signalling protocols like CDP, STP and VTP

SP tunnel ports automatically enables STP bpdu filtering on their side to avoid to take part in customer STP domain.

Hope to help

Giuseppe