cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downloading sw image to switch using cisco works

rsohi
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the midst of upgrading our 3550's from 121-19(EA1c) to 122-25(SEB). I am having trouble using Cisco Works to distribute the software for upgrade.

I create a job to upgrade a switch. The job is submitted and once completed the job status shows as succesful. When I check the switch, the boot have changed correctly but when I check the flash the new image does not exist! I can however manually telnet or ssh to the switch and upgrade it that way.

Is any one else experiencing this. Is there a problem with the 121-19(EA1c) code. Previously it has worked fine with no problems. Also, out of a job sent to say 10 devices only one (if I'm lucky) will have the new sw image on it when I check.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Raj

4 Replies 4

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

It could have used any other flash devices in the switch. Please check what device, the boot command mentions in the configuration.

thanks for you reply. If I'm not mistaken, is there not only one flash fs on the 3550's?

Check your logs for the job. I had a problem copying the image FROM a 3550 using RME 4.0. My logs showed that RME was looking for the image at the root of the file system when the actual iamge was in a subdirectory.

So check your logs and you may find that the image has been copied into some subdirectory on the flash.

Unfortunately I havent been able to fix the problem till date as I am still working on getting Campus manageer ANIServer to start.

Hope this helps,

Raghu

Raghu, thanks for your response. I have checked the logs and I have looked at the flash directory with no such luck. It's very strange, but I did upgrade a switch using RME yesterday and was successful, and the level of code was one below the one I have problems updating from.

regards,

Raj