cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Need expert review..Nat Problems with DMZ, inside, outside.

risenshine4th
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to fix a similar situation.

I need the "Masters" to review my configs so I can share the knowledge.

I can get to the Internet from the DMZ and the inside interfaces.

I'm trying to allow the inside interface to be able to access anything in the DMZ.

I would like to be able to browse the webpages.

Also I am trying to allow remote desktop into the DMZ...I want to keep the DMZ limited to the access rules and ports defines.

I've got several public IPs that go to go to the DMZ and Inside depending on the port and service.

I've attached a clean detailed config.

17 Replies 17

I found that more than one firewall existed on one of my testing PC's. I ruled this out.

I am still unable to pass traffic as desired.

The dmz should accept inside traffic by default. I think that the dmz isn't allowing traffic back to the inside. I even created a simple configure with the same results.

I made the security levels of the dmz and inside to the same level. I can now ping and pass traffic back and forth.

I suspect using outbound ACL's on the DMZ is a way to restrict the access.

I'd like to keep the levels different.

I'm rating previous posts and pose the question of why traffic won't pass?

My first thought is to cut back on your ACLs

access-group outside_access_in in interface outside

access-group inside_access_in in interface inside

access-group inside_access_out out interface inside

access-group DMZ_access_in in interface DMZ

access-group DMZ_access_out out interface DMZ

I would take all of the ones that are outbound off, leaving only the inbound access lists.

When you did your statics, did you clear your xlate table? (clear xlate ) Generally the port translation error comes from the translation not being recognized, and you have to clear the table, or reboot the device, before they'll be seen.

--John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I have been using a combination of the ASDM and the ASDM CLI. It appears that I was missing an ACL even though the Access rule was created and should have created an ACE.

Access rule existed without any ACL.

I recommend using just one or the other to configure. The ASDM seems to miss creating things. The CLI appears to be the best way to avoid this.

access-list dmz_access_in extended permit ip 192.168.154.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0

Access rule existed without any ACL.

permit ip 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 any

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card