cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't change autoattendant script

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am trying to change the aa.aef script. By default Autoattendant says "dial 1 for extension and 2 for names" . I want to change it to "press the extension any time "I don't want any outside caller to enter 1 and than dial the extension. I just want user to enter the extension. i want to get rid of 1. Please help me out.Thanks.

3 Replies 3

aslam
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

If you do not want to give the option 2 also, then you can replace the 'menu' step by a 'get digit string' step and put the appropriate prompt.

But if you need to use the 'menu' step then the user needs to put in a choice. You can fool the system to achieve your requirement, assuming you have 4 digit extensions say 5000 to 5999 you can select option 5 (in the menu step) and then get the rest of the three digits using a 'get digit string' (placed under branch 5) and then do a transfer to the extension after adding a 5 in front of the three digits. Repeat the steps for other rante of extensions also.

Hope it helps.

Aslam.

Hi Aslam,

I don;t have the otpion in editor to create a new one. Do you know if I can downlaod that by chance? We are using "NFR " copy . SO it might not have the option to create a new script. Thanks for your answer.

I tried to create the script ,but it seems that i don't have the full functionality. I can not see all the pallete to make the script. Does somone know if i can download it. thanks in advance.