Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find unassigned DN's in CallManager release 4

anilbatra007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to find out the unasigned DN's in Callmanager rel 4.For example the directoy number range is 1000 to 1200 and I have assigned 1100 to 1159 and simliarly in 1000 to 1089.And then I had delted some of the assigned numbers like 1102,1056,and 1008. Now how can I find which DN's are free.Is there any utility? ???

Any help will be highly appreciated.

AB

5 Replies 5

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

AB

As long as you don't have a big system you could list out all DN's in use by: Selecting Device>>>Phone, then in the Find Phones field select Directory Number and leave the field to the right blank. Then select Find. The result will be all DN's listed in numerical order.

Here is another method using BAT:

To generate a complete listing of all the phones of the CCM: Open BAT>>>Phones>>>Update Phones>>>Select Directory Number>>>>Begins with “6” (for example)>>>Add to Query>>>View Query Result. The results will be displayed. Right click in the display window then select Print or Export to Excel. Another method which will yield all phones, voice mail DN’s, Call Park DN’s, Conference DN’s, MWI DN’s, and Call Pickup DN’s: Route Plan>>>Route Plan Report>>>View In File (Upper Right corner)>>>Open.

Appreciate your prompt response. That's very right I can the assigned DN's this way, infact I was looking for some way that can be helpfull in finding UNASSIGNED DN'S given a range ssay for 1000 to 1100 and oout of this range supposedly I have ASSIGNED say all DN's except 1058,1023, 1011 to 1020. Now is these any way I can quickly get these UNASSIGNED DN'S.

Thanks for your efforts and support !!!

AB

There's actually an easier method. Use the route plan report function to build a csv file which contains every number in your system, regardless of partition. It can be found at this url on a 4.0 system: http:///ccmadmin/numplandump.asp. THe file that is built is a comma delimited file easily dealt with by your favorite program of choice (excel or something similar). Once in there, you can see everything, including route patterns, translation patterns and most importantly, Directory Numbers.

Hi,

I need to change some DN (about 130) in the Callmanager 3.3.3 but the simple way to do this is to delete the phones and recreate them after.

But is there also a problem with unassigned dn staying in the CM database ??

Thanks you in advance

Thierry

Hi,

I just created a softphone (CTI port) + 1 line.

I deleted the softphone with the BAT and after that, I tryed to find the DN in the Callmanager and it wasn't anymore present.

So the "problem" of the unassigned dn is not present in 3.3.3

Thierry