cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Call Handler Garbled

rlutzko
Level 1
Level 1

When dialing in from pstn into Unity select a prompt (caller input) from opening greeting the caller input selection greeting is garbled towards the end of the message. We are currently running Unity ver 3.1(5) CM 3.2(2) C

3 Replies 3

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Join in the club. I believe several of us are experiencing this issue. For my site I see this only with the unity prompts. And we do not see it happen not all the time. In the Lab I have install unity on a very slow machine and I noticed the issue is happening all the time. This makes me wonder if its not associated with the speed of the machine. I’m running 3.15 Unity on a Dell 1400sc. In the next few months I will be deploying a Unity 4.0 server on a much faster dual processor server. I will let every one know if the issue goes away…

steven.brummer
Level 1
Level 1

Did you possibly run the SetVolume utility to level out recording levels or to change some of the cut-outs? I had that exact problem when we ran setvolume to correct some issues we had with recordings fluctuating in volume during playback.

Our solution ended up being to re-record the broken recordings. Restoring the original from backup wasn't an option because they had fluctuating volume (catch 22). I seemed to notice that the recordings that we messed up were the G729 codec recordings. The G711 recordings were not affected.

Hope this helps,

Steven Brummer

Client/Server Design Engineer

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080087146.html

make sure the AGC settings are correct since there was a problem with that on upgrades.

There was also a gateway (6608/6624) issue that had those symptoms. See CSCdx36894 which was fixed in load files D004030145S1 (6608) and

A002030139S1 (6624). This got integrated into CM 3.2(2c)SpD.

If it's a VG200 gateway running MGCP, you may want to try the "mgcp playout fixed 50" command (50 is just a guess, but should be fine as long as there isn't much jitter on the network). http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_r/vrf_g.htm#1363583

has more about that command.

Another thing to do is to check your NIC card for errors on the port, duplex mismatches (i.e. typically you'll want to hard-set it to 100 meg full-duplex). That can sometimes result in the strangest problems.

As always, check the applications event log for any errors during playback.

Hopefully this will help.