cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Unity 3.1.4 server by building a new 3.1.5 server. Recommendations?

y-bielak
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that would like to upgrade both their CM and Unity.

Currently CM 3.1.3a(SPf) (Pub and Sub) & Unity 3.1.4 (not integrated into their exchange enviroment).

Destination versions are CM 3.2.2c(SPg) & Unity 3.1.5

Intro Question: Should Unity or CM be upgraded first? (my thoughts are CM)

Main Question: Is it possible to BU their current unity server with the Dirt utility and then restore it to a newly installed 3.1.5 server(not patched)?

If not - Then then I'm guessing I will require special file access to install the patch for the new server with a full version of 3.1.1 or 3.1.3 to take it to 3.1.4 inorder for the BU and restore to work?

Thanks inadvance for all your suggestions and help

yb

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

It really doesn't matter if you upgrade CM or Unity first as long as your TSP is compatible with both:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/cmptblty/tspmtrx.htm

DiRT requires backup and restore to the same version only. If you want to move Unity to another server I suggest you upgrade the current server first to 3.1(5) and then backup with DiRT.

Hope that helps,

Keith

Thanks for your suggestions.

- The new server will be build off-site and and swapped once data has been migrated and the server has been upgraded.

- I was looking for a faster way to build the new server and hoping the utility would accomplish this.

yb