Helpful
Replies

Name is equal to IP in CW2000/Campus Manager/Topology view

glmrenard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a little problem...

In Topology view, in the right place, when I see all my device, I see the name and the ip (and portstatuis and istrunk ...) but IP=Name, Why ?

On the graph, I can see the real name so I don't kniow what to do. Please help.

best regards

Guillaume

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Hello,

Thanks for answering, but that is I have to modify ANIServer.properties ?

I want to have the name so what exactly have I to do ?

I think I havte to :

nameserver.resolveByName=false

Thanks. How many seed devices can be entered into CW2K/Campus manager? How to configure Name Resoution for picking up preferred management address - loopback address.

I really appreciated your help!!!

Simon

Thanks, it works perfectly, what I have now in my file is :

# When usedns is set to false, ANI will not resolve ip address to name

# using DNS.

#

nameserver.usedns=true

#

# When resolveByName is true and if a host name was found, then DNS

# will be used to lookup a primary IP address for the host name.

#

nameserver.resolveByName=false

#

Thanks again !!!

Guillaume

I assumed that this "nameserver.userdns-true" is configured on CW2K server? What is the file name?

Thanks!!!

I am not sure if this message is repeated.

I have the same settings in my aniserver.properties file (use dns = true, resolvebyname=false, resolvebysysName=true) however when I go to the summary view in CM I still see only the IP add as device name. the only way I can see the sysname is If I go to display view > showlabels> use sysname.

Is'nt there any way that the sysname can be displayed in the summary view as well?

Hello,

Have you a reverse zone in your DNS server ? Does your ciscoworks2000 server has the DNS correctly configured ?

Yes the DNS is configured correctly for the server. But what I am saying is that CW Campus M can get the sysnames for all my devices but only when I go to the display view > show labels, but it will not do that in the summary view. So I know that my devices are capable of giving their sysnames , its just CW does not like to display them in topology map/summary view. I'm thinkng there might be a bug.

Do you have the sysnames (not dns fqn's) showing in your summary view?

Yes I have...

The summary view does not show the configured router hostname but rather it is a reflection of a reverse lookup in DNS.