cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resets on G.SHDSL line

reinke
Level 1
Level 1

We have connected two cisco 826 back-to-back via G.SHDSL. One router acts as CO, the other as CPE.

The G.SHDSL Line is used for transport a video signal (mpeg4). Everything is fine, but the G.SHDSL line is lost every 12 to 30 minutes. After seeing a %GSI-6-Reset message, it takes some seconds to bring up the line again.

This is a really unstable situation and not useful in a productive environment. If we do not find an answer, customer will replace the cisco routers by other vendors products.

FYI: The distance between CO and CPE is 2000 meters. The speed is auto negotiated up to the maximum, but we have manually reduced it (1726 kbps).

Any idea?

Edgar

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

You can try using the 'deb atm events' and 'debug atm error' commands to see what is causing the resets as explained in this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk274/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080135834.shtml

Thanks, I know this document. Nevertheless, I do not know why the configuration includes VPI/VCI= 0/35 and 8/35. Is it really important to have two VPI/VCIs for a back-to-back configuration? I am only using 1 VPI/VCI - maybe that is the reason why sometimes my lineprotocol changes from up to down and back to up again.

However, I can see Loss-of-Signal messages. This might be a signal for a noisy line???

Edgar