cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting Commited Burst(Bc) and Extended Burst(Be)

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

i hve gone thru a doc from cisco and came to know about the calculation of Bc/Be.

i hve a simpl/basic doubt when configuring the Rate-limit we are mentioning 3 main parameters related to B/W.

rate-limit input accessgroup 111 1024000 128000 192000

i want to know the first parameter(1024000) is this the CIR comitted to the customer??

second thing if i want to give B/W in (1024)1:4 ratio how the slicing will be done ?

rate-limit input accessgroup 111 256000 32000 48000

is this satisfying the second question?is it right?

pls throw some light on this..

prem

2 Replies 2

beng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Prem,

When Bc/Be is used, this is traffic shaping. Traffic shaping allows you to shape output traffic (egress traffic) on a per-physical port basis.

When us rate limit, This feature is (CAR) feature. You can deploy rate limiting on your switch router to ensure that a packet, or data source, adheres to a stipulated contract, and to determine the QoS for a packet. These are per interface.

If you want to do Frame-Relay traffic shaping, CAR or GTS is not recommended.

You can config the way you implemented if you intend to use CAR. 1024000 is the rate burst.

Regards,

/Bessie

hi bessie

thks for the reply.we rnt running frame relay.its a ordinary point to point serial Lease Line.between our end and the customer end b/w of th physical media is 2Mbps.customer is paying for 1Mbps Internet Bandwidt the same we need to limit at my end interface.obviosuly i m forced to use rate limiting which is the best way to achieve it.

so how this can be done using rate limiting??

prem