Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on 4006

eric_garnel
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I get more info on the following error:

May 4 18:11:11: %C4K_IPROUTEMAN-3-FIBADJMANDUPLICATEADJ: FIB Entry: Tried to create a duplicate adj for key 192.218.223.76/20

May 4 18:11:11: %C4K_IOSIPROUTEMAN-3-ADJMANNOMOREADJS: AdjMan: hardware adjacency resources exhausted, performance may be degraded.

The ip address (altered) in question would belong to a dhcp client that would be plugged into an edge switch (2950xl) and not the core switch. An odd item of note: the dhcp assignment would have a 24 bit netmask, not the /20 as indicated above.

Given the nature of our network, the end users are conference visitors/exibitors that are only connected to the network during a conference and leave once the show is over, so I cannot access the offending end device to examine it.

The last time I saw this error was during a conference that had a lot of Mac users.

Thanks

Per cisco.com:

Error Message C4K_IPROUTEMAN-3-FIBADJMANDUPLICATEADJ:FIB Entry:Tried to create a duplicate adj for key [object-info]

Explanation A request was made to add a duplicate adjacency to the Forwarding Information Base (FIB) adjacency database.

The 4006 that logs the error is one of the core switches for our network.

details:

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software (cat4000-IS-M), Version 12.1(8a)EW1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

2 Replies 2

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did some research and a software upgrade fixed this issue for other cases. Can you try and upgrade to a later release. 12.1(13)EW1 should be good

I'll give that a shot and see if it resolves it. Thanks