cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple tunnel interfaces on a DMVPN Hub/Spoke

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

I'm currently running a 2621XM as a DMVPN spoke with varying client from 2610/11 to 2621s. The config is pretty much out of the box DMVPN along the lines of the following KB article:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008014bcd7.shtml

The config works flawlessly site to site with clients logging into the hub. What I would like to do is run a DMVPN hub on one of the Spokes while maintaining connectivity to the primary spoke (2621XM).

I've tried several times to duplicate the tunnels and all associated entries, but every time I finish it still only connects one tunnel. Looking at the crypto isakmp sa it shows the second connection repeatedly trying unsuccessfully to connect. This spoke is also accepting inbound client request without problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sam Smiley

1 Reply 1

veselin
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same problem.

When I have only Hub and Spoke it is working nicely. When I try to make Hub out of one of the Spokes it starts working for 2-3 minutes (acting as Spoke to the big Hub, and acting as Hub to other Spokes) and after that the connection to the big Hub goes down, and works only as a Hub.

I don't think that this is something that could not be done, but I haven't found where to read for the answer.