Helpful
Replies

How enable ssh server on startup IOS 15.1 cisco 881

With IOS 12.4 it work with

!

ip ssh rsa keypair-name myRSAKey
ip scp server enable

!

but with IOS 15.1 it does not work. Because i want via ssh send a new config to router and it should ssh on after reboot.

Please help me Thanks lot.

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bug, contact TAC.

Now we have found the error. The NVRAM has an defect. he NVRAM do not Save the rsa keys.

So it is a Problem of the Hardware. I will hope that is the only device with this problem and not that cisco has a problem with a complete charge of Cisco 881 G- W Router.

Please give me feedback if anybody has the same Problems. Thanks to all.

It's unlikely that this is hardware problem.

This kind of bug is called "nvgen failure", and are quite frequent in IOS.

The only solution is a fix in IOS code.

We changed the IOS on our Cisco 881 to IOS 12.4. It does not work and also the 3G Modem is in this case not running.

On a secound Cisco with IOS 12.4 its work fine. So I think its a hardware problem.

If you are right it should be running after I change the IOS on the Router 881, but it does not work.

Please help me because we need a fast solution for this bug. Who are here responsible in this case ?

Have you contacts to someone who can fix this bug ?

Thanks for your answer and help.

Sebastian

In a previous post you said:"Now we have found the error. The NVRAM has an defect. he NVRAM do not Save the rsa keys."

If this is because of a defect in NVRAM then this is a hardware issue, and the appropriate solution is ask Cisco to RMA the device.

It may be possible that this failure to save the RSA keys could be a software problem. But if you have gone back to a 12.4 version that is used without problem on a similar Cisco device, then I would guess that it is a hardware error and that the solution is to replace the device.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Once again:

Failure to preserve any configuration value in configuration, after a reload is a software bug. Not an hardware problem.

You need a support contract to contact Cisco TAC and complain about it.

I have seen that there is a new Version of IOS availabile ,c880data-universalk9-mz.151-3.T.bin, is in this IOS the bug with the SSH Server fixed ?

Did anybody know about that ?

I have at this time no answer from TAC.

Thanks for your answer.

Hello, now we have a solution. Before you configure the Router in detail you have to do following:

It can be that you have reset the Router before.

- change to enable modus

- change to conf t modus

type as example:

- crypto key generate rsa label myrsakey modulus 1024

and Enter.

Now the SSH server is enabled and started after reboot automatically.

Now you can configure in normal way the Router.

--