cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bundle T1 and Multilink PPP

Gerard Gacusan
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 x T1 in 3745. Presently, it is configured with 4xlayer 3 addresses. Using static route. My Provider said, it is a bundle-T1.

My question is, if i have Voice, Video and Data; will a bundle T1 is good?

A client is incosistently getting 1mb or less up/down speed. Sometimes, he gets 4MB but its rear. Would a MLPPP works in this scenario especially when voice,videeo and data presents?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you should consider condifuring Qos when you run both Voice and Data on the same link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

HTH

Narayan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Friend,

If you are running Voice, video and data it is not suggested to use MLPPP load-balancing.As voice and video are delay sensitive traffic you might get the frame disoder in case of MLPPP packet fragmentation. Imagine if your voice packets are out of order , you will hear "he" and l " lo".

The ideal design for this situaion would be to dedicate 1 MB each for voice and video and rest of the 2MB for data. Use proper QOS on the router interface to achieve the same. You can run MLPPP on the 2 T1 interfaces that you want to use for data.

HTH,

-amit singh

Okay thanks. This is actually a new network and probably voice is not much concern at this time.Data traffic is primarily being used and the problem right now, we can get an inconsistent speed from a customer side. Will a MLPPP help on this?

You're correct, having a bandwidth-reservation for each application will definitely a good solution, 1Mb-voice or 1Mb-video.

Hi,

If its only Data we are good to go with MLPPP. There will not be any issue and you will get an equal packet fragmentation using the MLPPP.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hello,

Is there necessary to configure QoS when voice traffic is included? let's say i'm running MLPPP.

1. i need to prioritize voice than data

2. bandwidth reservation of 1meg for voice traffic.

Yes you should consider condifuring Qos when you run both Voice and Data on the same link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

HTH

Narayan

Thanks guys for all your inputs. I really appreciate your help and guidance.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card