Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS upgrade on 2960G switch

mhabeeb_ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts,

I have a basic trouble in setting up TFTP server. I need to upgrade the IOS on 2960G cat switch. First I have downloaded the tftp server on my laptop then I assigned an IP address manually in my laptop as 10.1.1.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 leaving deafult gateway address as none. Then I moved to the 2960G switch and created a new interface vlan10 then assigned the IP address as 10.1.1.10 with subnet mask as 255.255.255.0. Next I used interface gig0/1 interface and said switchport access vlan 10, duplex and speed setting set as auto. I am able to ping from host towards the vlan ip address 10.1.1.10 but from switch i m unable to ping. I ran debug icmp and debug ip packet command but nothing was traced what the issue is. The interface status shows up up and vlan interface status shows up up, i checked the windows firwall settings, its in off state. I think there is something minor error I am doing. Can anyone help me out in finding the solution.

I followed the above procedure to upgrade the IOS from my laptop, please let me know if there is any other way that I can upload the IOS image.

Regards,

Mohammed

17 Replies 17

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How about this:  Delete all config of the 2960G switch reboot and do this:

1.  PC IP address is 1.1.1.1, subnet mask 255.0.0.0

2.  Switch VLAN 1 IP address 1.1.1.32 (or any number other than 1), subnet mask 255.0.0.0.  "no shut".

Copy IOS from PC to switch.

This is the process I use every time (and all the time) when I upgrade the IOS before deployment. 

Hello All,

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. I have figured it out the solution to the problem. I checked all your possibilities as suggested, it was really helpful to trace out the solution. My Checkpoint-VPN secure client was running behind in my laptop due to that reason I was unable to ping from switch to my laptop.

I have upgraded the IOS on the switch and deployed the config on all of them. Thank GOD it was on time and I have to put it into production by the end of the day. Now everything is ready.

Once again thanks to all for coperating.

More to come. !!!!!!!!

:-)

;-)

regards,

Mohammed

Hello,

Happens all the time :). We tend to overlook one of those software apps that

are running the background. Glad that issue is fixed.

Please mark the question as answered so others can use it in the future.

Regards,

NT

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card