cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink Support

abhijit-ghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Multilink in 7609 Router, in that 3E1 links are connected in PA-MC-8TE1 Card and 3E1 links are connected in STM 1 Card. This E1 links are not working properly when configuring in single Multilink. Individually links are working fine and with seperate Multilink like 3E1 connected in PA-MC-8TE1 Card in one Multilink and 3E1 connected in STM 1 Card in other multilink. Please provide solutions.

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Abhijt,

If I understood correctly you would like to build a PPP bundle where 3 E1 are on the PA-MC-8TE1 card and other 3E1 are in a channelized STM-1 on a C7609.

is the usage of two 3E1 bundles acceptable for you with load balacing over them by CEF ?

I think you are facing some technology limitations that involves clocking or delay variations:

the 3 E1 over channelized STM-1 are under SDH clocking.

the other 3 E1 are each carried in a different way.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

I am able to create Multilink bundle but my question is after creating bundle, The multilink is going down. How to resolve it??

Weather any cisco site is there where i can refer it.

Thanks

Hi,

Whats the IOS verison on the device you are configuraing multilink ?

Do u have the configs available for multilink ?

Is this also done from the remote site ?

Most of the these problems are due to IOS bugs .. try with a new ios image

Hello Abhijt,

if the smt-1 channelized port is on a SIP 200 and the PA 8T1 is in o flexwan the bundle cannot be created using ports of both:

see

dMLPPP Configuration Guidelines

dMLPPP is supported in software by the Cisco 7600 SIP-200, or in hardware by the supported SPA. This support is determined by your link configuration.

The Cisco 7600 SIP-200 supports distributed links under the following conditions:

>>>>•All links are on the same Cisco 7600 SIP-200.

•T1 and E1 links cannot be mixed in a bundle.

•Member links in a bundle are recommended to have the same bandwidth.

•QoS is implemented on the Cisco 7600 SIP-200 for dMLPPP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/7600series/76cfgsip.html#wp1144464

you haven't said if the stm-1 channelized is on PA slot as the PA 8T1 so this could apply to your scenario.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card