cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIP command reference

Don Saling
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where to find a command reference for the CIP microcode? I am looking for documentation of the commands available when I do a "session" command from the router prompt to the CIP slot and get the CIP processor command line.

1 Reply 1

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

There is no document available for CIP console commands. Initially, CIP console is used by Cisco TAC and the CIP development team. As Cisco TAC uses CIP console a lot, a web page showing how to take a TN3270 trace is eventually posted on CCO. That's the only information regarding CIP console command is available today. I do not know any plan to publish a CIP console command reference. Do you have a business reason for us to publish a CIP console command reference?

There are only a handful of CIP console commands. There is online help as well. If you do a help or help , you may able to guess the usage of certain commands.

Finally, I would like to warn you that CIP console command may cause problems to CIP. Please use it with care or you may want to stay away from it.