Views
Helpful
Replies

Reload member switch in stack?

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have just upgraded 2 3750 switches in a stack via the master and reloaded the master switch remotely, how can I reload the 2nd (member) switch?

Regards

17 Replies 17

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

Andy White wrote:

Thanks, I orginally just did a manual tftp upgrade on both switches (master, member), then just did a reload on the master.  I guess this is all I needed to do and not worry about the individual reload of the member as this was already done via the first reload of the master?

If you just did a "reload", all the stack members should have reloaded.

Hi,

As I have 2 switches in a stack, from the master can type "show flash", "show flash1" and "show flash2".  Is flash and flash1  the master or the same switch and flash 2 the member?

I don't understand why I have 3 flash areas and 2 switches?

Thanks

The command "dir flash:" means "show me the flash content of the MASTER switch".

The command "dir flash1:" means "show me the flash content of switch stack member 1".

The command "dir flash2:" means "show me the flash content of switch stack member 2".

Stack member 1 does not necessarily mean it is the stack master hence the two commands are "different".

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card