Views
Helpful
Replies

using KRON with interactive command? <Squeeze>

jeremy.reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to schedule a automated periodic squeeze of a filesystem <don't ask... long story> on a 4500 switch running 12.2(31)SGA code. Problem is, the squeeze command has an interactive "...Continue?" prompt, which requires a simple <CR> to proceed. The KRON facility doesn't seem to like any keyboard-interactive commands like this.

I checked the listed operators on the squeeze command, there does not *appear* to be a way to supress the prompt.

Since this is a 45k with 12.2 based code, there's no rescue using a TCL script. :(

So... Question is, can anyone think of a creative way around this 'problem'? Is there a way to pass the carrige return needed to execute the squeeze operation on the same kron cli command line somehow?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't tried myself but just a suggestion, how about using macro along with kron ?

my impression is that kron does not allow any command which requires user input, not even simple confirmation. Unless the copy command (or in my case the clear counters command) provides a switch to skip user prompts, then kron is not a viable solution.

reachonenetadm
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that you can use rancid allows you to script up such a task. They provide an example of "clear counters" which also requires a line feed confirmation. See http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/FAQ and search for "clear counters".

cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card