cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Join meeting option unavailable and Touch Panel displays meeting in progress.

Sandesh Rao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had a video conference within our company, below are the list of endpoints involved in the conference 

Tandber C60 --  TC5.1.3.292001
Cisco TP SX20 --  TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1
Cisco TP MX 200 -- TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1
Cisco TP MX 300 -- TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1

We have touch pannel connected  to all the above codec. We noticed that Join Meeting option is sometimes unavailable and Touch Panel displays meeting in progress.

Can you please let me know why this issue is intermittent.

18 Replies 18

What permissions within TMS are set for this particular user?

This post might be of interest to you, smart-scheduler-need-approve-conference-tms.  It might be worth taking a look at the user's permissions, it could explain why when they schedule a conference it always schedules them as reservations.

Hi Sandesh,

If a conference is booked as reservation in TMS, it is expected that the "Join" buttons on the endpoints are disabled.

For more information on how and why bookings from Outlook could be "downgraded" to reservation, see page 59-60 of the TMSXE Deployment Guide.

Regards,
Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to find the answer on the page 59-60 of the TMSXE Deployment Guide.

Regards

Sandesh

Did you check the Picure Mode in all the spots I mentioned?

1. TMS Default Conference Setting
  2. TMSXE Setting
  3. The Cisco Outlook template

Another thing it could be, and another one we've had issues with here before (and it's in my notes as a TC6.3 issue) is the default call type setting on the device.  We had issues when it was left at the default "Auto" setting when we first upgraded to TC6.3 and had to change it on our devices to our preferred setting (H.323 or SIP) - Bug ID is CSCum27379.  We worked around this issue by altering our serch rules on the VCS-Controls.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.