cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Monitoring/Recording with 7940 and IPCC

j98me2
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the call manager 6.x will not do Silent Monitoring/Recording with the older 7940. Will it work with IPCC and the desktop agent, or am I screwed unless I purchase new phones?

3 Replies 3

shan.nichols
Level 1
Level 1

Just to make sure you are asking about if the monitoring/recording feature of IPCC Express/CAD will work with the older 7940 phones?

If so, then yes, you should be able to use the 7940 for monitoring and recording. I have used this capability back in CRS 4.0(1) and forward with CAD and the 7960 phones. I don't see why the 7940 would be an issue since it uses the same firmware as the 7960.

Yes that is what I am asking. I know the older versions will work with the the 7940, I am using it now.

I am trying to get away with upgradeing call manager and IPCC without having to replace all of my phones at this time.

So I guess to simplfy my question, will the monitoring/recording work with the current version of IPPC express and the older 7940 phones.

Yes, CRS 4.x and 5.x will both work with CAD monitoring/recording and the 7940s out of the box. Only if you want to use UCM 6 for the task do you need the newer phones.