Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the "Calling Party Modification" option in CER

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

CER 1.3(2), CCM 4.1(3)sr4b, 7941 phone.

I'm configuring the route patterns for CER, and found the "Calling Party Modification" option which supposedly lets you use a generic route pattern rather than having to have a separate route pattern for each ELIN. This would be of great benefit to us, as we have approximately 36 ELINS and may be adding more.

However, when I enable this option and also check "Enable Calling Party Number Modification" for the CER user, I get fast busy and the call never makes it out. Alerts from CER still work though.

I can't find any further documentation as to if/how the route patterns and CTI route points need to be modified for this to work. Has anyone out there done it?

4 Replies 4

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Got this working, just needed to restart CER.

My route pattern is ***XXXX.911 and in CER all ERLs in CER use ***1000.911 as their route pattern.

More detailed doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps842/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008023659c.html#wp1093007

I am using ER 2.0 with CUCM 6.0. I can't seem to find the Calling Party Number Modification option in 2.0. Does anyone know if this option is still available.

I have the same question.. did you ever resolve this?

Unfortunately this feature is not available in CER 2.0 (not sure why), you need to configure it the old way with a Route Pattern for each ERL :-( Perhaps this will come back in future releases of CER.

HTH,

Chris