cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore to default with just IOS left

OUTOFTIME
Level 1
Level 1

I have mucked up my system to the point where I need to rebuild it ... but after many, many hours I've not had any luck figuring it out myself. I've looked through most of the "restore from default" type posts, but still can't make it happen.

I can start the system from the console, but can't connect through CCA.

I believe my flash is gone except for the IOS image (uc-500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2). I have a zipped UC500-7.0.2 and CCA 1.9.1 on my PC, but CCA won't discover the UC500. ( Even if it did, I'm not sure where to go from there. )

I'm a newbie ... just learning CLI, so please be pretty specific if you are able to help.

Thanks,

--Thomas

16 Replies 16

OUTOFTIME
Level 1
Level 1

Update ...

I hadn't done the copy flash: UC520...cfg run, so i just had a basic router config. (Router>)

Once I figured that out, I got to the UC500#  and am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

--Thomas

It might be smart to use CCA to restore the box to factory defaults since you did a copy to running-config rather than startup.  When you copy to running, IOS merges the actual running config with whatever you are copying, which can result in some unexpected bits of configuration being left in place.  If you factory default the box before starting to configure it, you eliminate any chance of that sort of leftover config coming back and biting you later.

Cheers,

Dave.