cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clientless VPN and SharePoint 2010

HarlemSchools
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 5520 ASA running 8.4(2). We are trying to setup Clientless VPN access to our SharePoint 2010 environment. We have most of it working, however there are a few things that do not function right in SharePoint via the VPN but function fine internally. Are there any special things to configure specific to SharePoint? Some of the things that do not work include the SharePoint ribbon, up level function, opening of documents within SharePoint, etc.

Thank hyou in advance.

Aaron

4 Replies 4

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

sharepoint 2010 is not yet supported on ASA 8.4.2.

This is the enhancement request which was not yet commited to 8.4 code:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtf28131

Howeer you should have no problems running sharepoint via smart tunnel which might the solution for you.

HTH,

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

As sharepoint 2010 is not yet supported we've enabled sharepoint 2010 access via a smart tunnel. Only users experience timeouts when editing of working within Sharepoint, after which changes in the Sharepoint portal can't be saved or stored.

Only remedy is to extend timeout to multiple hours in the Connection Group policy so that timeouts do not occur.

Any idea's or other remedies,

Please share,

thanx,

J. van sommeren 

J,

I won't have a solution straight away since I don't know what the exact problem is. I would however start by enabling TCP keepalives (if not already enabled) on the sharepoint server and secondly disabling (or setting very high) idle timeout on the ASA for VPN sessions (by default it's 30 minutes).

Marcin

History repeats itself:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4097461#4097461

@J. van sommeren : Could you please describe your DNS resolving with smart tunnels? (See the linked topic)