cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to remove the domain box on the VPN client?

n.oneill
Level 1
Level 1

We have users connecting in via a VPN 3000/VPN client and its configured to use RADIUS to talk to a Windows AD to authenticate users.

We want the users to login using the FQDN ie user@company.com which means the domain box is redundant.

Can we remove the domain box so it only prompts for user and password and not user, passowrd and domain as the username will contain the domain?

thanks

4 Replies 4

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I thought we had removed the Domain reference in the VPN client from 3.6 onwards. I just tested it on my 4.0.5 client and when the group authentication is set to "Radius with Expiry" only, the client prompts me for a domain.

Let me look into why this prompt is appearing for this authentication method only, I'll get back to you.

Thanks for trying this gfullage.

Did you manage to find out what it was?

Nick

Sorry, still checking into it. To be honest though I don't think there's a way around it currently, we'll have to file a bug and have the code changed.

Do you really need to use "Radius with Expiry" for the authentication method? If you just use "Radius" or "Kerberos/Active Directory" (or anything else for that matter) then you won't see this Domain prompt.

Thanks for the update.

Yes, I find Radius with Expiry very useful!

Nick