Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

L2L VPN Nat and relation to DNS

So I had this topic on my mind today and dont know how to answer it or what to do.

If I have an ASA L2L VPN with another ASA and I have overlapping subnets and cant change the subnets, I need to access resources in both subnets. Ok so I need to NAT...so if my subnets that overlap are 10.32.1.0/24 the remote ASA will NAT their side as they have agreed, but what if I have a DNS zone for that remote 10.32.1.0/24 subnet....this will not work right?

My 10.32.1.0/24 addresses will be looking for an address of lets say 172.16.1.10 which then translates to 10.32.1.10 after it crosses the remote ASA. But from a local subnet standpoint the record for the host they need to access is still a 10.32.1.0/24 address? So I would have to re-address every record in DNS to coresponding 172.16.1.0/24 NATed address?                  

1 REPLY

L2L VPN Nat and relation to DNS

Does anyone have any info this?

If I have two networks with L2L VPN tunnel that share the same DNS lookup zone and both networks are overlapping and I have to NAT one, how do hosts in one subnet access hosts in the other NATed network with FQDN?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content