cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Encounter this complex OSPF

pankaj_cisco111
Level 1
Level 1

I need to query some of the complex OSPF secanrio.

1) I need to configure OSPF on Router R1 that should not advertise its 10.125.5.0/24 to any of its neighbors. I don't need to use any distribute-list, access-list, prefix-list, any interface onfiguration or global configuration command to accomplish this task. Access-lists or Route-Maps ca not be part of this solution for problem.

2) I need to configure 1 OSPF Router to look up DNS names for use in all OPSF show command displays.

Pls suggest answers of above.

3 Replies 3

atif.awan
Level 3
Level 3

1) When you say its 10.125.5.0/24 do you mean that this subnet is part of a directly connected interface? If yes then OSPF will not include it in its advertisements unless you either perform a redistributed connected subnets or include the corresponding interface in the network command under OSPF. If you are not doing either of the above two then none of the OSPF neighbors will learn this route.

2) Use the 'ip ospf name-lookup' command in this router.

Router R1 is having OSPF & EIGRP enabled. The 10.125.5.0/24 is eigrp learned route that is redistributed to OSPF . Now I don't need to advertise it to any of ospf neighbor without use of Distribute-list, access-list, route-map, prefix-list.

Hi there,

What you need to do is have a look at the ospf packet types. A redistributed route is a type 2. In ospf you can configure different area types on links and it will only send in specific routes. Have a look at the different area types and pick the one that suits your needs. Also look at sending out a "summary-address" from the area.

Regards,

LH

Please rate all posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card