Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel Bridging

lovefunlove
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Can be bridge Tunnel interface on router between to location over WAN.

Regards,

MAX

14 Replies 14

arvindchari
Level 3
Level 3

Yes bridge be can tunnel over wan to location :)

(Sorry guys, I just hate it when ppl post such wonder-fool questions so I had to reply :) Hope I dont get banned or something :P )

Regards

Arvind

Arvind,

I don't believe there was anything foolish about that question at all. It seemed to be a perfectly valid query. Not all IOS features that are supported over physical interfaces are supported on tunnel interfaces.

If everyone knew all the answers, there would not be a need for a forum like this.

So I would request that you exhibit a bit more tolerance towards posters on this forum.

Paresh

Thanks paresh for right comment.

My mistake.

sincere apologies.

On a lighter note .. yes it is possible mate .. that is if I got your question right.

Please do try and post detailed questions if possible and ask a pal to translate them for you if you find it a little difficult

No hard feelings

Peace

Arvind

Dear Paresh,

Tolerance is fine but I am reluctant to facilitate other people's lazyness. It is good to know that tolerant people (like you) are always prepared to answer any question that is asked on the forum.

I must admit that I do not bother to answer questions like these anymore. I fully agree with Arvind that "wonder-fool questions" like these actually should be banned. Banning is not an option but a boycot might be just as effective. If there could be some "unwritten code of conduct" on this point, that would be a major advance.

It is not that I am not prepared to put some effort in searching the right answers but when one makes so little effort in explaining his/her case I do not have any desire to guess their needs. Furthermore, it appears that many find it easier to ask questions on the forum that they can easily find themselves on CCO or anywhere else on the web.

I suppose that you will not agree with me on this but a discussion on the topic (open to anyone) might be very refreshing.

Regards,

Leo

I don't mind people asking beginners questions, but what I do mind is people who use this forum for learning, but do not bother to do any research on CCO themselves. Even when they are referred to the relevant links CCO, they still come back and ask questions for which the answers are in the documentation. In some cases, even though a lot of help has been provided from people on this forum, they don't even bother to rate any posts.

and just to clarify, my previous comments are NOT directed for this particular post. They were meant as a general comment.

Hi Leo

I do agree with ur inputs but i feel it may not suit or apply for the newcomers who wants to use this as their launch pad to get to know the things.

Even i used this as my launch pad around some 4 Yrs back and posted out queries to set my foot rite (I still do and willing to get the inputs from other netpros which i feel more valued and important).

But as you said if somebody is not willing to do a simple search in CCO and puts repetative queries we can better suggest them to watch out.(i mean to watch out CCO for more info :-) ).

If they get stuck up somewhere later then they can come back post out their queries which can be addressed.

Also as Eliass pointed out sometimes people tend to miss the hints/solutions available in the link presented in the replies and come back asking the same info which is very much out in there in the link.

But at the end of the day for me itz to help others to learn/solve their puzzles/queries and in the process let us learn too (sometimes it fails coz of no respsonse from the posters)..

regds

Ppl, Im so embarrased for having acted the way I did, I could have said it in a much better way and let the whole thing stay just like another dead topic. :P

This topic is getting bigger and bigger for all the wrong reasons especially since the guy who started it doesnt have much to say!

I sincerely apologize for having said what I said. Lets focus on more pressing issues..... like ....... er ....... damn I really need to work like crazy before I even think about my CCIE written!

A good thing about the forum is that there is no obligation to answer. On one side I see posters that take time to add sufficient details to their questions, luckily those are still a majority. On the other hand you have the "infamous" one-liners.

If you examine things a bit closer, you will find that there are only few replies and very little points given by people that asked one-line questions. Although some of them clearly have trouble to express themselves in English, a large amount does simply not respect the code of conduct for this forum. They are just passing by and using the forum as an advanced version of Google. Personally, I do not feel like spending my time on servicing this group. If I do answer one of them, the answer is either brief, contains a polite question for additional info or I make a small joke out of it. Which one it will become depends on the impression that I get from the question and of who is asking it. However, a serious question will always get a serious answer, no matter if it was asked by an expert or a novice.

Although I hope I am wrong on this one, I get the impression that some will do almost anything for a few points. I wonder: do these people have any pride left inside of them?

My last remark is that this is a deadly serious forum. I feel quite comfortable with that but there is really nothing wrong with a good laugh every now and then. There are plenty of opportunities out there. A joke a day keeps the doctor away!

Regards,

Leo

Leo,

Firstly, I would like to say that I will always respect the opinions of other people, such as you, regardless of whether or not I agree with them.

However, I do take exception at your comment about "some will do almost anything for a few points. I wonder: do these people have any pride left inside of them?". That seems to be a thinly disguised swipe at some posters, maybe including me. So let me present my reasons for posting replies on this forum:

1. It helps to to keep my knowledge current, particularly on technologies that I do not personally use on a regular basis.

2. I get satisfaction from having been able to help someone solve an issue.

3. I particularly like some of the curly problems that some people run into. In fact, I sometimes go as far as to simulate these in my lab. These provide a challenge for me which I am happy to look into.

Now, since we don't exactly get paid by Cisco for posting solutions on this forum, the only way to get recognition for my efforts is to get people to rate my posts. If I have taken the effort to answer someone's questions, the least they could do is acknowledge it. I have no problems in asking people to rate my posts if they find them useful. I do not believe that there is anything wrong in doing so at all. The ratings/points are not the primary reason I post on this forum, however (my reasons are stated above). If that were the case, it would be really easy to cherry-pick and select questions that I could answer with the minimum of effort and still get a rating for. However, I have often participated in conversations that spanned 15-20 replies, knowing fully well that I may not even get rated for it all.

Now, just like yourself, I do know of some repeat posters who don't do any research at all before posting their query. Like you, I tend to ignore them most of the time. However, I would be reluctant to insinuate anything about these people - I prefer to just keep quiet.

If someone does answer questions that could have been easily resolved by the original poster, I still do not think that it is fair to malign them. At the end of the day, it's just someone trying to help someone else out.

That was my opinion, that's all... this is such a great forum, and the vast majority of questions are quite reasonable. So let's not worry about the fraction that are not.

Paresh

PS. I do have a sense of humour :-)

Hi Paresh,

I am pleased to get a response from you on this one and reading it, there is nothing really that I disagree with.

And I find it good to know that you have a sense of humor.

Leo

Cool, Leo... A difference in opinion is fine with me, too - it would be a pretty boring world if all of us thought the same way.

Cheers,

Paresh

Yongbing WU
Level 1
Level 1

MAX,

If you want bridge two LANs over IP WAN, you need advanced features such as L2TPv3 or AToM. You can't simply put a LAN interface and a GRE tunnel interface into same bridge group.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card