cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshoot MA connection to MC

willsmith1701
Level 1
Level 1
I am trying to troubleshoot mobility data and control path connections between a 5760 MC and multiple 3850 MA's. Initially things seemed to be working but now something is broken. If I do a shut/no shut on the wireless management interface on the 5760, the link status of all the MA's in the switch peer groups will change to up on the MC, and on the MA side the mobility controller paths show up as well. However this only lasts for a few minutes. After a few minutes, on the MC, all of the MA's show as down again. On the MA side, the MC is shown as down, but the other members of the switch peer group remain up throughout. There are no firewalls between the MA's and the MC. What would cause the data and control paths to come up when the wireless management interfaced is bounced on the 5760, but then lose connectivity after a few minutes? Please ask questions of you need more information to respond .
6 Replies 6

willsmith1701
Level 1
Level 1
Does anyone have any info on how to troubleshoot this or what might cause it? eping and mping don't seem to exist on the new controllers.

Hi Will,

Check your configuration with the below reference post & see if anything missed.If you configure mobility correctly things should come up easily.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/12/14/3850ma-with-5760mc/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks for answering. That is the same doc I used as a configuration guide. I don't see anything worng with the configs. The links do come up easily, the problem is they only stay up for a few minutes. If I either do a shut/no shut on the wireless management vlan on the 5760, or reboot it, all of the links with the MA's are re-established, but then they all go down after a few minutes. Do you, or anyone, have any other ideas?

That is really strange. I am running 5760 & 3850 setup for 3-4 months (running on IOS-XE 3.6) & did not have any issues with mobility between each other.

I think you should reach TAC if behavior is consistent.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

It turned out to be a previously undiscovered bug in 3.6. Tac had me load an engineering pre-release of 3.3.4 as a workaround and the problem is gone.

Thanks for this update.

I am interest to see what is the bugID as I am running this 3.6 code on my 5760 & 3850 without hitting this.

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card