cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet LMI or Ethernet CFM between two (2) ASR9000v on a single ASR9000 (ASR9010)

emcueto08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Good day.

Need you assistance on this one.

I have a client who has an ASR9010 with 2 x ASR9000v attached to it. Now, the client wants to monitor the link-fault scenario on the ports of each ASR9000v (vice-versa) facing the CE (client).

I have attached herewith the diagram for your reference.

I'm not sure how we can monitor this given that it did not pass the MPLS cloud.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Eugene

4 Replies 4

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eugene,

I'm not sure I fully understood the question. You can run CFM between the host and satellite (if you're running XR release 5.1.1 or later). You can also configure CFM on the satellite interface. Have you thought about this option?

Regards,

Aleksandar

Hi Aleksandar,

Based on the diagram:

CE1a<--->(Gi100/0/0/1)ASR9000v-1<--->ASR9010<--->ASR9000v-2(Gi101/0/0/1)<---->CE1b

What the client wants to achieve is that, if CE1a goes DOWN (meaning the Gi100/0/0/1 of ASR9000v-1 got disconnected), the ASR9000v-2 Gi101/0/0/1 will automatically go DOWN also.

I believe this can be done if using E-LMI and CFM if we have two (2) ASR9010 running MPLS with Ethernet Services. But in the current scenario where we only have one (1) ASR9010 where both satellites are connected to it, i don't if we can still track those CE ports and automatically shutdown/disable one of its port once the other link is DOWN.

Thanks,

Eugene

Hi Eugene,

you could define a tracking object to track the state of one interface and use EEM/Tcl to manipulate the latter when the former changes the state. You need the MGBL .pie if you want to define tracking objects. Use event_register_track in EEM/Tcl to hook into the tracking object state change. There are good documents on cisco.com or supportforums.cisco.com related to EEMTcl.

Hope this helps,

Aleksandar

Hi Aleksander,

Do we have other option which is under Ethernet Services? EEM tcl is a software feature/configuration for the device.

Thanks,

Eugene