Helpful
Replies

Checkboxs and MultiSelect Validation

Shane O'Hanlon
Level 1
Level 1

Checkboxs and MultiSelect Validation

Hi,

Is there anyway I could limit a list of items in a multi-select or set of checkboxes to allow the user only to select a set number of items using ISF?

Thanks in advance again for your help.

2 Replies 2

Chris Morris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think that the ISF provides a way to determine how many items in the listbox are selected.  I would create a javascript function like the one on this website (http://forum.weborum.com/index.php?showtopic=2454).  You could create it as a generic function and then pass in the id of the select box ('MyDictionaryName.MyListBoxName') and then pass in the maximum number of selections as the second parameter.

Doing it this way would a

Peter Lee
Level 1
Level 1

You have a couple options depending on the complexity of variations, if you only have a couple conditions you could configure multiple fields with the subset of values you want to display. Then using ISF unhide and hide the appropriate dictionary, which will only display the values you want.  Or if you want to limit this to a single dictionary field you could populate the dictionary field using the some of RequestCenter provided function, which are located in the rc-core.js and rc-list.js.

These fu