cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager with Firefox browser

nci_netops
Level 1
Level 1

On our Linux workstations using Firefox Java version 1.6 is not supported -looking for options

aside from downgrading

4 Replies 4

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

CiscoWorks is very specific about client requirements.

Unfortunately there are no work-arounds.

While not offically supported, one work around that is technically feasible is to use a MS Terminal Server (or Citrix server) to host your CW client (i.e., the required browser and Java combo). Connect to it from your Linux (or down level / up level Windows client, or whatever) and from within that session browse over to your CiscoWorks server.

Hope this helps, please rate helpful posts.

The java you use is just an enviroment setting.

I believe you could run a firefox session with a different path making it find a different java.

It does mean you would have a different "button" to start this firefox and can't just open a window in the running firefox.

By the way doesn't it work? I recall with LMS 2.2 that there were many checks made it the software to stop everything when a wrong version is found but a java programmer tolled me it would probably work if you can work your way around these checks. In other words it is not the code itself that crashes it just stops on a build in check for the version that might be just checking an environment variable.

Michel

I tried this, using ln -s to the different jdk versions but could not get it working. Gave up in the end.

One major thing about Campus manager that I would love to see changed.

I wanted to use my FreeBSD box to run the topology map.