Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client ver.4.0 over a DSL connection

jjcarranza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

In my corporate network i have configured a PIX 520 firewall with the vpn configuration, so, when i get connected through dial-up connnection there is no problem,

but i have a DSL connection, with a DSL router, the router ethernet interfase has the ip address 192.168.1.1 and my PC the ip address 192.168.1.3 is mandatory that i must have a public ip address for my PC with VPN client software???,

because i have problems, and the message displayed by the software is: "Secure VPN connection terminated locally by the client Reason: The remote peer is no longer responding",

is there any problem with NAT (in the network of my DSL provider? i need a static mapping to a public ip address?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks for help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

afakhan
Level 4
Level 4

if you have pix fw v6.3.x, nat/pat is not going to cause any problem, it will auto negotiate UDP-encap.

thx

Afaq

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

afakhan
Level 4
Level 4

if you have pix fw v6.3.x, nat/pat is not going to cause any problem, it will auto negotiate UDP-encap.

thx

Afaq

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

do you have "isakmp nat-traversal" in your config on the pix? do you have udp encapsulation checked off on the client