cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 Phone with Jabra GO 6470 headset

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user with 7975 set with Jabra wireless GO 6470 , when headset is activein a call, the audio still comes through the handpiece speaker.

Can you please let me know is this a bug or there is setting that we can change in phone or CM

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Saima,

Here we go

CSCsr65970 - Feature to turn on/off audio played to handset while on headset

Description

Symptom:
If you listen closely, the phone will play the audio to headset and handset simultaneously
at all times.

Conditions:
It happens on all 79XX phones until firmware 8.3(5)

Workaround:
This is a product specific configuration now available under CCMAdmin > Device > Phone for 79X2 and 79X5 phones.
Handset/Headset Monitor:

When handset/headset monitoring is enabled, a supervisor can pick up the inactive handset/headset and hear the call in progress. For example, if an agent is on a call on the headset, a supervisor can hear the other party on the handset. Only the microphone on the active handset/headset is in use. For example, if an agent is active on the headset, then the headset microphone is active and the handset microphone is disabled.

Details

1st Found-in:                          (2)

8.3(5), 8.5(2)

Terminated

Last Modified:

Oct 01,2011

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

Customer Reported:                          (12)

Related Bugs

CSCsy40833 : Handset Speaker Still Active when using Headset
Symptom:

While using a headset, the called party's voice can still be faintly heard on the handset while it is on hook.

Conditions:

The callee has a headset attached to a Cisco IP Phone and makes a call. While the called party is talking, his voice can be heard both on the headset as well as faintly on the handset while it is still on hook.

Workaround:

None

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information .

I changed the feature mentioned in "CSCsr65970 - Feature to turn on/off audio played to handset while on headset" and disabled "Handset/Headset Monitor" and it worked .

Thanks again

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Saima,

You are most welcome my friend

Cheers!

Rob